Saturday, February 6, 2010

OH MY I just lost the last 30 min. of posting. !!!!!!! Keep smiling!!!!!! I'm going to get this yet! I don't know where I was. I think I was telling you about transfer meeting, which happens every 6 week.
Pres. and Sister Saylin bring in all the missionaries who are leaving (finished their mission) to the mission home and fix dinner (supper) for them and have a testimony meeting and farewell. Then Tue. morning early they all go to the Houston Temple for a session. They eat breakfast on the way(muffins and juice) after the session they have lunch and head for the airport to leave for home. While at the airport they pick up the arriving new missionaries, take them back to the mission home for supper and introductions. I don't know how Sister Saylin does it with 6 kids and all the missionaries she looks after. But she seems to be handling it fine. She is a great lady and I admire her very much. She does get help with housekeeping.
The office is busy getting everything ready. We've been working on things for a week. Getting schedules ,list and aliments made and food for the transfer meeting which happens of Wed.
We start about 7:00 am getting things ready and set up for breakfast and orientation meeting with the new missionaries . We have 15 this transfer. We have a breakfast of Kolaches( like a breakfast runza) fresh fruit, milk, orange juice. Then off to orientation meeting we each introduce ourselves and what we do in the mission office and how we will help the missionaries with the assignments.
They have meeting until noon and we feed them lunch Pizza, green salad, fruit salad, and cookies. Then have transfer meeting. Being new this time Gaylen and I got to bear our Testimonies to the group. I hope I get use to this. They have instruction and do the exchanges of companionship and new missionary companion. This brings quite a stir to everyone finding out who they are being put with and what area they will be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment